We are always looking for the right people to join our team. APPLY TODAY!
- Close Date
- Auburn, CA
Position: Software Engineer
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Director of Product Management
A Software Engineer role is responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining all TCS Healthcare applications and support tools. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. You will translate business requirements into working applications and deliver a working product on a rapid software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment is essential
- Participate in design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
- Utilize your collaboration skills, critical thinking, and technical skills to creatively develop software for multiple platforms according to business requirements
- Write code in the presentation, domain and data access layers
- Ability to support the full life cycle of all products developed using the Agile development process
- Ability to utilize analytical tools to identify performance bottlenecks, memory leaks and general debugging
- Interact regularly with managers, client services and clients to field questions in areas that reflect your specific skill set and product familiarity
- Research emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Contribute to product documentation
- Perform other tasks and projects as directed by the Director of Product Management.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- 7+ years of experience with the following technologies:
- Java and Tomcat full stack development using Eclipse
- Visual Studio .Net C# development
- Tomcat server configuration
- Apache server configuration
- Expert ability to write elegant, effective and efficient programs using the following programming languages and technologies:
- Server: Java, JSP, Tomcat, APIs
- Data: XML and JSON data packaging formats, SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Microsoft MS-SQL programming skills (Relational queries and stored procedure familiarity)
- Strong experience with Microsoft TFS, specifically source control, build and release management
- Must be able to work with limited leadership availability
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Conveying ideas clearly and quickly through oral communication
- Ability to receive, process, and understand complex materials through spoken language
- Moving moderately weighted objects from one position to another
- Working primarily with fingers and the whole hand or arm, as in handling, typing, etc.
- 99% Sedentary work in the office
- 1% Moderate physical work in the office
Since 1983, TCS Healthcare Technologies has been a leading provider of software and clinical solutions that improve utilization, case, disease, prevention and wellness management (i.e., medical management) performance and effectiveness for health plans, insurers, providers, third party administrators, medical management companies, and other healthcare organizations that serve both the private and public sectors. To learn more please visit our website: www.tcshealthcare.com
PLEASE: No direct calls from applicants or recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected class under the law, EEO/AAP
*duties reflected in this job description are not all-inclusive and TCS reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties with or without notice